Project Orbit is a state of the art, web-based project control and data management system developed in-house by our sister company, Tonkin & Taylor. Project Orbit enables the ready storage and management of all the data and documentation generated from either a project or asset. In addition its real-time status and financial reporting capabilities provide strong project control.
Project Orbit can be used for data control and financial management from the early stages of a project development through design and construction phases as well as tailored to provide efficient long term data management and reporting for ongoing asset management.
- Management, tracking and storage of any project documents or information
- Real time status
- Financial reporting
- Intuitive interface, including graphical geospatial modelling and data access
- Easy retrieval of information including use of advanced search engine technology
- Web-based system for ready data access
from anywhere with an internet connection
- Controlled rights of entry to provide security, with different levels of access for various specified users, stakeholders and/or regulatory authorities.
Graphical (Google Earth) ‘front end’ of Project Orbit system for Airbase Redevelopment, showing environmental monitoring sites.
A unique feature is how the system is able to be tailored specifically to each project or asset. This ensures that data capture procedures are integrated to become part and parcel of normal project workflow.
Once established, all of the features of Project Orbit are accessed through an intuitive, proprietary interface that allows data retrieval in a variety of modes and formats including:
- Provision for direct access to data libraries
- Geospatial data modelling - graphical model and/or aerial map or Google Earth view of the project or asset, capable of showing, for example, the progress of works in real time as well as providing access to data vi a the elements shown on screen (point and shoot data retrieval)
- Registers of key information
- Specified “desktop” shortcuts for quick access to frequently-used information
- A high-end search capability based on browser search engine technology that provides a significant improvement over standard file search capability.
Graphical interface for Light Rail, showing borehole and pile test locations and logs.
Landfill gas monitoring data for closed landfill site, showing exceedences of ‘alert’ levels.
For more information please contact Tim Chadwick at Chadwick Geotechnics.